Do your homework, pick the best application hosting service for your startup
Most startups work on solving a big problem faced by consumers or enterprises. They spend significant time coding and creating an awesome user experience but the importance of selecting a good app host often takes a back seat. In our experience, many startups end up making a wrong choice in the beginning because they do not properly evaluate their requirements
What Happens When You Make The Wrong Hosting Choice?
As a business, one of your most important priorities is maximizing revenues. If you think choosing the wrong app hosting can’t have a negative impact on your income, think again. Here are some bad things that can happen when you don’t choose the best hosting for your needs:
• Loss of revenue – If your app goes down, your potential customers will not be able to use the application or learn about your products and services. Even worse, if you host an online store, you will lose out on potential sales and income. Amazon recently had a 40 minute outage which cost them about $5 million dollars. Your loss might not be as big, but it’s still a loss of revenue.
• Security and Malware Attacks – There is no perfect solution for keeping your app secure. However a reputable app hosting company will back up your data to a remote server and make it easy to restore in case your site is hacked. They will also assist you with technical support, maintenance and security issues 24 hours a day.
How Do I Choose The Best App Hosting Provider?
It’s crucial to choose a reliable hosting company to ensure that your application and data remains safe and accessible all year round. If you are experiencing problems with your existing provider or have no idea what needs or features to consider, here are some tips that can help:
• Understand the different hosting options available – There are various app hosting options available such as Shared, VPS (Virtual Private Server), Dedicated and Managed hosting. It’s always good to make an educated decision, so you choose the best option for your needs.
• Excellent customer support is a must – The internet never sleeps. Look for a provider that offers excellent customer support. Hosting providers may claim they offer 24-7 support, but this will not guarantee you will receive fast, knowledgeable service. Test the response of the customer support staff before committing to any long term hosting contract.
• Choose a host with an excellent uptime track record – The hosting provider you choose should take every precaution to ensure maximum uptime. While no app host can guarantee 100 percent uptime, it should offer at least 99 percent uptime on average.
• Cost should not be your only consideration – As the saying goes, “you get what you pay for.” As a business, you cannot afford to experience extended downtime. Basic shared hosting is great if your app is generating only a small amount of traffic. On the other hand, if you’re in the business of selling products or generating a large amount of traffic, then a dedicated or managed hosting provider is a far better choice. It will cost more upfront, but will be more reliable in the long run. The level and quality of technical support will be better too.
• Ability to scale – As your business grows, your app will tend to generate more traffic. The ability to scale will be increasingly important. Your app hosting provider should be able upgrade and scale to accommodate your traffic growth. Just remember that there is no such thing as “unlimited resources”.
• Good reputation is essential – Once you have narrowed the list of important features you require, the next step is to find a host with a top-notch reputation.
- Do a background check. Find out how long the company has been in business.
- Can they provide you with testimonials and endorsements from current clients?
- Check maintenance schedules and average downtime statistics
There are a lot of application hosting companies out there. It’s crucial to select a hosting provider carefully since your business will be depend on it. Do your homework.
For more insights on cloud services from Precision please mail us at email@example.com or call us at +919176632573