Aadhaar authentication is the process wherein Aadhaar number, along with other attributes (demographic/biometrics/OTP) is submitted to UIDAI’s Central Identities Data Repository (CIDR) for verification; the CIDR verifies whether the data submitted matches the data available in CIDR and responds with a “Yes/No”.
The purpose of Authentication is to enable residents to prove their identity and for service providers to confirm that the residents are ‘who they say they are’ in order to supply services and give access to benefits.
What are the expected benefits of Aadhaar authentication?
- Establishing Identity:
– Adding new beneficiaries
– Confirming beneficiary
– Attendance management
– Financial transactions
– Access control in high secures areas such as airport, examination halls, hotels et al.
- Improving efficiency and transparency in service delivery
– Track end to end service delivery process
- Address and Demographic Verification
– Address verification
– Demographic data verification