A traditional Chief Information Officer (CIO) offers full-time strategic IT analysis and management but is usually out of the affordability range for small and medium sized businesses. On the other hand, a Virtual Chief Information Officer (vCIO) is outsourced, providing these services at a lower cost. Typical vCIO responsibilities include the following:
• Defining the IT Strategy & Roadmap
• Offering extensive guidance on new IT initiatives
• Assisting in planning out the IT budget
• Helping prepare your business for technology changes
• Performing regular assessments and providing reports on your IT infrastructure & network health and security status
• Reviewing IT vendor performance and suggesting improvements
• Designing and implementing an IT disaster recovery and business continuity plan
Acting as a leadership resource to your internal IT team, your vCIO will help you avoid pitfalls and select technology solutions that best meet your company’s objectives and budgets. A vCIO can help you implement IT solutions or simply provide guidance and let your IT team take it from there. The value lies in the increased IT effectiveness, efficiency and improved RoI for your business.
Contact us to learn more about how engaging a vCIO could benefit your business.