Tight budgets and limited expertise often keep organizations from making effective IT decisions. However, understanding hidden technology costs can actually help you reduce unnecessary expenditures and re-allocate resources to more important business functions. Precision Infomatic can help you evaluate your IT spending and implement best practices that will improve your bottom line.
IT spending is really a balancing act between hardware, software and services. According to Gartner, strong IT asset management is the key to overall cost reduction. The more money allocated for direct IT expenditures, such as operations and administration, the less money will be wasted on lost productivity and downtime.
Unfortunately, the reverse is also true. Owing to declining IT budgets over the last few years, organizations have been forced to hold back on new purchases and temporarily band-aid ailing IT systems. However, pinching pennies on proper infrastructure and management procedures may cost you dearly in the long run. Here are several important ways you can reduce TCO and increase efficiency:
1. Measure your current IT spend so that you can effectively manage and control your costs
2. Build and maintain an accurate inventory of hardware, software and appropriate licenses
3. Reduce complexity by standardizing equipment, software platforms and configurations
4. Streamline processes for operating system patches, security updates, data back-up and maintenance
5. Protect against viruses, spyware, hackers and physical threats
6. Control user access to applications, settings, network resources, databases, and other IT assets
7. Outsource key IT functions requiring expertise, such as technical support, data storage and back-up, to trusted, experienced service providers
8. Provide regular training for both employees and internal IT staff
For more insights on IT Infrastructure optimization and roadmap, talk to us at (0) 9176632573 or email email@example.com